Skin rash on shoulder

Skin Rashes in Mallorca: Causes, Symptoms, and When to See a Doctor

Skin rashes are not uncommon in Mallorca and can have various causes, ranging from environmental factors to specific skin conditions. At mySkin Mallorca, we are here to help identify and treat skin issues such as Mallorca acne.

Causes of Skin Rashes:

  • Environmental Factors: Sun exposure, humidity, and other environmental conditions can trigger skin reactions.
  • Mallorca Acne: A specific form of acne favored by sunlight and oily sunscreens.
  • Allergic Reactions: Contact with irritating substances or foods can lead to skin

Symptoms of Skin Rashes:

  • Redness, scaling, nodules.
  • Itching and discomfort.
  • Possible accompanying symptoms such as swelling or pain.

Mallorca Acne: What is it?

Mallorca acne, also known as Acne aestivalis, is a specific form of acne caused by sun exposure and the use of oily sunscreens. It presents as small, itchy, red papules and pustules, mainly on sun-exposed areas like the face, neck, chest, and shoulders.

Treatment of Mallorca Acne:

1. Avoidance of Oily Sunscreens:

Use oil-free, non-comedogenic sunscreens.

2. Protective Measures:

Wear protective clothing to minimize direct sun exposure.

3. Skincare:

Use mild, non-irritating skincare products.

4. Medical Consultation:

In case of persistent symptoms or worsening, consult a dermatologist.

When to See a Doctor:

  • In the case of an unclear cause for a skin change.
  • With intense and sudden rashes.
  • With severe itching, swelling, or pain.
  • With additional symptoms such as fever.

FAQs About Skin Rashes

How does Mallorca Acne differ from ordinary acne?
Mallorca Acne is triggered by sun exposure and sunscreen use, often occurring on sun-exposed areas.
Yes, wearing sunscreen and protective clothing can reduce skin rashes caused by UV rays.
No, skin rashes can have various causes, from allergic reactions to environmental factors.
Mild skin rashes can be treated with over-the-counter creams, but if symptoms persist or are severe, consulting a doctor is advisable.